Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meeting Hester Hellinga

In the morning I, together with Bert and Rein, meet Hester about one of my topics. We specially come for a 'speedcourse' DIALux. She had write a article about the differences between DIALux and Desktop Radiance. For inexperienced users she advised DIALux to calcalute a project.

For my project I want to research some daylightstudies. Therefore I want use DIALux. Hester told first something about daylights theory. After that she showed how DIALux is working and she give some smart tips. Also I presentate my plan shortly to her and discussed what is possible with the program. Some of my researches are not possible in DIALux, so I have to change it or delete it by my plan. I'm a bit dissapointed that some of the issues is not possible, but I want to reach a perfect form.

The picture below showed a result that's made in DIALux. After my studies I want to make pictures like that. So I know what the mount of luxes and illuminances is for my project.

1 comment:

akilian said...

hi Dave,

this looks good, I am glad you were able to get an introduction to DIALux yesterday. If not everything is possible in the program you may want to try different methods as well, but to get started it sounds like it is a reasonable approach.
Have you made progress with the geometry description of the space for instance in parametric form?
Axel