Friday, September 12, 2008

Form Follows Daylight (FFD)

Some messages earlier I introduced my new theme, FFD. Yesterday I made a simple scetch how my research is gonna look like. My new theme is clearly I think. My solution to design a space that is created by daylight is depending of a lot of relationships. Like width, length, hight and many more. The picture below show my investigation. Also I read some articles about these relationships. Otherwise this is one option to research.

Also yesterday I followed the lessons by Axel about parametric design. First I thought it was nothing for me, but when I see with my own eyes how the program is working, it is realy useful for me. We discussed with Axel about the research questions of all the present students. My discussion was very helpful for me, we talked about how I could use Microstation and I really wanna use it for my research. Now I am busy with following the tutorials of Microsation, so I could maybey use it next week.

The picture above showed the diffeculty in my problem. I really want to know al these distances and propertys, but maybey I use Macrosation for it, so my solution can be in two ways. After that ( when I have enough time over) I wanna design a new material for my roof.

This weekend I can't message you, because I had other things to do. Monday I will update my blog. Have a nice weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
I think it is good that you are focusing on a particular relation between a space and your intent to light it with daylight as for the dependencies between dimensions and materials and the property of the daylight. A omment on use of software, Generative Component alone will probably not give you all the answers so also look into lighting analysis programs such as ecotect or dialux (check with Truus but I think it is http://www.dial.de/) to establish a metric to evaluate your geometric constructs.

Axel